It’s no extend of the creative ability to call the Amazon Echo Dot and its more seasoned sibling, the Amazon Echo, two of the most imaginative results of the 21st century. They have demonstrated that voice can possibly be superior to anything touch with regards to discovering music and telling our prospering shrewd home.
These ‘brilliant speakers’, as they’ve turned out to be known, were a methods for Amazon to take its voice collaborator, Alexa, and divert it from a bit of programming made fundamentally to search video lists into a significantly more broad colleague.
AI assistants are the future, and every home ought to have one right now. They are capable of making your life so much easier, and all you need is to speak out commands and ask for basic information. No longer do you need to take out your smartphone just to perform basic tasks.
Right now, the Amazon Echo is the closest we get to this without stepping into Terminator territory. The only problem with the Echo is that it will prove a little too big and expensive for some. Enter the Amazon Echo Dot – a smaller and more affordable alternative that offers almost everything the larger Echo does, but for half the price. The Echo would make a fantastic addition to any home, but now that its key features are available in a smaller and more affordable format, Amazon has crossed the line into must-buy territory. Every home could be improved by the addition of an Echo Dot.
Its closest rival is the similarly priced Google Home Mini, but the Amazon’s audio output makes it the better device. It’s also worth checking out the Amazon Echo Spot, another diminutive device but one with a useful screen.
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, read the news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and more using just your voice
- Connects to speakers over Bluetooth or with the included audio cable to play music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Controls smart home devices like lights, switches, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others